IP Phone : Phone Services
IP phones use voice over IP (VoIP) technology, allowing phone calls to be made over the Internet as opposed to landlines. Control protocols such as Session Initiation Protocol(SIP) are used.
There are many benefits to IP phones that ordinary telephones simply do not come with. Those include,but are certainly not limited to, call park, call forwarding and transferring, conference calling, detailed caller ID, and more.
Features and Benefits
- Caller ID: Display information about incoming calls such as their phone number and name.
- Multiple Lines: Having multiple lines on your phone(up to 12 on some IP phones) allows you to have a number of customer calls connected to your phone system.
- Callback: Callback features allow you to easily contact a previous call if they were to disconnect or hang up while on the line.
- Call Parking: The ability to put calls on hold is a valuable feature every business should have on their phones.
- Call Forwarding: Sending incoming calls directed to your phone to another phone or office while you are busy or not availible.
- Call Transferring: Sending calls to other extensions that are connected on your phone system.
- Conference Calling: Having two or more other people in the same phone call with you for long distance business meetings.
- Speakerphone: Hands free calling with your IP phones built in speakerphone.
- Handset: Compatible with most headset technologies.
- Certain IP phone features may vary depending on the make and model.
- Supported IP phone models include, but are not limited to:
- Cisco IP Phone 7960 Series
- Cisco IP Phone 7940 Series
- Internal settings may also include Do Not Disturb, Caller ID Blocking, Anonymous Call Block, Auto-Complete Number, Call Waiting, Call Hold Ringback, and more.
Cyberonic can supply any and all of these requirements if necessary(at additional cost).
- An internet / broadband connection
- LAN(Local Area Network)
- Connected to a SIP Trunk and PBX
- Caller ID and callback features are something that anyone who uses their phone on a daily basis should have.
- Businesses with lots of incoming calls will benefit greatly from features such as having multiple phone lines, call parking, and call transferring / forwarding.
- Conference calling is a huge feature in business telecommunications. When members of one business must communicate with multiple members of another, conference calling features are irreplacible.
- Unlimited local and long distance calling within the U.S. – $19.99/month